Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Flea Market Finds


Last weekend, my mom and I went to Picc-A-Dilly Flea Market in Eugene and found some really cool things! I found an old kneading bread bowl (from the "frontier days" the man claimed) ($25), a very heavy rod-iron candle holder ($5), a barn wood frame ($7), and nails used on railroad ties ($1). The nails have the numbers 23, 26, 32, and 33 on them which I was told stood for the years they were used to nail in railroad ties (...nail #23 was used in 1923...so cool!). Not quite sure what I am going to do with them, but I thought they were too neat to pass up! I have been looking for a kneading bowl like that to use as a fruit bowl. Pottery Barn has them but I really wanted an authentic one. Who knew I would find it at a flea market for 1/3 the price as ebay! I am now a Flea Market Fan! Thanks Ma!
Loving our new fruit bowl:


1 comment:

  1. YEAH, welcome to the club :-) Those things are cool! I like the Pic-A-Dilly, but usually don't make it down. Adam's uncle sells there. :-) You could use the nails to hang necklaces from(?) or You would put cork in your frame then put the nails in it and hang your keys(?) hmm, what else...
    Adam and I went to some garage sales today, I got some awesome things! (Vintage patio chairs for $10 total! Cute little dresser for $7!..) they'll get posted later when I have time to add my own touch to them!

    ReplyDelete