Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Marlo's Nursery

I finally found the time to take some photos of Marlo's nursery. We welcomed Marlo on July 22nd and have loved every second of our little peanut! While we were pregnant with Marlo, we decided not to find out the gender. Marlo was then known as "Baby W". We attempted to create a gender neutral nursery. The colors were gender neutrual but you could argue that the print of the curtains, rugs, and bedding was a bit feminie. If we had a boy, we decided that we were going to go the "Where The Wild Things Are" route or "Duck Pond" to add a little more masculinity into the room. We ended up having an adorable little girl so we have not made any changes to the decor. Marlo seems to enjoy it so far.

Nursery Before:
Stripes.....YIKES!

Nursery After: 
 I purchased an extra curtain and a friend of mine from work (Grace) made the bedding! It turned out perfect!

 See how I redid this frame here.
 I purchased the curtains at World Market and was lucky enough to find the perfect rug at Target!
 Check out how I made the "M" monogram here.
 Our sister-in-law picked up these wall decals from Sherwin Williams. They fit perfectly with our theme!
 I got my inspiration for this wall form this nursery that I found on HGTV's Rate My Space.
Check out how I made the pug silhouettes here.

Overall, we were very pleased with how the nursery all came together. It is a very calm and relaxing room. Check out and vote for our nursery on HGTV's Rate My Space!

Materials used in the nursery:
Curtains, bedding, changing pad cover: Tamara collection from World Market
Crib: Delta Biltmore Crib
Dressers: Amazon
Pain Colors: Grasshopper Wing and Studio Taupe (both Behr brands)
Black Shelves: Target
Rug: Target
Mirror: HomeGoods
Chair: Best Chairs in burlap from BabyPhases

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...completely obsessed with this. I want those wall decals! The rug is beautiful too...just a great space overall. What a lucky little one! I am your newest follower...loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adzet is the world's leading Marketing Platform - providing marketing strategy and business development strategy to small and medium businesses worldwide

    ReplyDelete