Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our Wedding Song


Photo by Kimberly Teichrow
My husband is amazing. This is a known fact. He is the nicest, wholehearted, honest person I have ever met. This Christmas was just one example of his thoughtfulness. I have always wanted the lyrics to our first dance at our wedding to be displayed somewhere in our bedroom.  We danced to the song "Magic" by Colbie Caillat (listen to the song here). We have been married for 4 years now and I had yet to create something. This year for Christmas, my husband took that idea and gave me a huge surprise. He created this amazing sign that now hangs above our bed.



Our first dance:
July 2008

July 2008
Now back to the sign....



Here are a few snapshots of the process (he captured these on his phone as he snuck away for a few hours each day to work on this amazing surprise)...


 Deciding on the right stain color (grey with a brown coat):


 Adding the vinyl letters:


On Christmas morning (I am bummed that there wasn't a photo of my face when I opened it):


The sign on our bedroom wall:





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I found your blog via Pinterest. Do you know where your husband had the vinyl letters made? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I am so glad you found our blog! We have a lot of fun DIYing at our house! My husband ordered the vinyl from a local vinyl store (one that makes professional vinyl signs). It was about $40 to have the custom vinyl made. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. ohmigosh - it is even MORE spectacular now that it is hanging over your bed!! I was telling Sarah all about it - and she asked "Where do people find men like that??!!" Oh, Nate!!! Lucky Jenna!!
    Hugs to all of you ~
    grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Yes, he is a keeper!! =) ...and he fully supports all of the crafts and DIY things I drag the poor guy into! ;)

      Delete
  3. Nice wedding songs! ♥ I could add this to my very own favorites =) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this web blog very much so much great info .

    ReplyDelete