Better late than never! This post was in the works last July but I am now just getting in up! Yikes!
Last summer, we found an old highchair at a thrift store for $10. The bones were adorable but needed a lot of TLC!
The seat top had a huge crack in it and the top layer of wood was breaking away. We took some wood glue and squeezed it under the cracks. We weighted it down for a day or so before we sanded the entire chair. It's not a perfect fix, but it did what we needed it to do.
We took a few different types of sand paper to clean it up. Since I knew I was going to keep with the "warn" look, I didn't worry too much about sanding all the paint.
I chose Krylon's Pistachio spray pant in satin.
We picked up a small dowel at the craft store to replace the missing one. Once it was in place, the chair was quite sturdy!
A few layers of paint, and.....
Finished Product for the little's BD:
We used a small green scarf to secure in the little one as she enjoyed her birthday cupcake :)